What: Winter Blackout: Night of the Big Stouts
When: Tuesday, 12/1/09, 6PM-10PM
Where: Bar Great Harry, 280 Smith Street, Brooklyn, NY
- Brooklyn Intensified Coffee Stout (CASK) / NY / 8% / 12oz
- Dogfish Head World Wide Stout / DE / 18%+ / 8oz
- Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter / MD / 9.8% / 12oz
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout (2008) / IL / 13% / 8oz
- Goose Island Night Stalker (2008) / IL / 11.7% / 8oz
- Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout / CO / 9.5% / 12oz
- Long Trail Imperial Porter / VT / 8% / 12oz
- Southern Tier Jah-Va Imperial Coffee Stout / NY / 11% / 12oz
- Weyerbacher Heresy (2008) / PA / 8% / 12oz
Time to warm up with some big-ass stouts, folks. We’ve been sitting on a few of these kegs for a while now, saving them for a special event. The time has come.
Some words of warning: You should probably eat a lot before hitting this event. We will, of course, have meat and cheese, but this is a seriously high ABV event. Four of these beers have the volume cranked to eleven or higher. And the World Wide Stout goes way, way, way over that. Please drink these responsibly.
As usual, prices will be nices and the meat and cheese will be free.
See you there!