What: Mikkeller VS Evil Twin
Where: Bar Great Harry
When: Tuesday, March 6, 6PM-10PM
- Imperial IPA
- Mikkeller I Beat yoU / Scotland* / 9.75% / 12oz
- Evil Twin Yang Imperial IPA / Scotland* / 10% / 12oz
- Imperial Stout/Porter
- Mikkeller To From Via 2011 / IDK* / 8% / 12oz
- Evil Twin Yin Imperial Stout / Scotland* / 10% / 12oz
- Some sort of Belgian concoction with no real boundaries
- Mikkeller Monk’s Elixer / Belgium* / 10% / 12oz
- Evil Twin Monk Suffers Serious Sugar Rush on Barbados / Denmark* / 8% / 12oz
- Session Beer?
- Mikkeller Wet Hop Kellerbier / Belgium* / 5.5% / 16oz
- Evil Twin Södermalm Hipster Ale / Denmark* / 5.5% / 16oz
- Combine the Evil Twin Yin and Yang for a berserk Black & Tan. Mo thinks it will be 20% ABV since each beer is 10%. Help her out, yeah?
The Bjergsø twin brothers are competitive. One runs Mikkeller and one runs Evil Twin. Both brewers have outlandishly large portfolios. Both make some of the most highly regarded beers in the world. Both do it without having their own breweries. Must be nice.
The general idea was to pair off the beers by genre so that it was a series of head-to-head battles. However, these two don’t make beers like that. They make a beer and then we try to label it as best we can. Nonetheless, we think we ended up with four pretty fair matches.
Hey, this is seriously the best value we’ve ever had at an event. The beers will all be up at 2PM on the day of the event, but from 6PM-10PM they all get discounted to $5.
Hope to see you there.
* There is absolutely no guarantee that we got all of these countries of origin correct. In fact, we’re more comfortable guaranteeing that we got at least one wrong. Fuckin’ nomad brewers.